Sunday, August 9, 2009

Catchup

You know when you have a good friend that you tell stuff to almost every week, and then something major takes over your life and you fall completely out of touch, and you don't call the friend because so much has happened that you don't know where to start? Dontcha hate when that happens?

So my dear friends and readers, I got married and moved back to Out-of-Town. The move was huge. I'm still reeling from it. I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate moving. I've done it way too many times. To start with, it costs a fortune. It's not just the actual moving expenses that cost that much; it's all the stuff you need to throw out, and all the stuff that inevitably breaks in the truck, and all the stuff you just have no room for in your new place. Since The Husband and I were divorced for a while, we replaced a great deal of the furniture that we mutually took from each other, and now we are swimming in nearly new stuff that we don't need and for which we don't have room, and are reluctant to let go. I hate moving.

We did a little work on our house, which resulted in one of our landscapers making off with nearly a thousand dollars of our money. Yup. I do love getting swindled. We're taking him to small claims court, but it's not looking good that we will actually be able to locate him.

I am currently unemployed, which is bumming me out. A lot. I don't do well without work. I'm getting my health insurance from The Husband's work, so a lot of my expenses have disappeared, but this move has cost such a fortune of money, and our savings have seriously dwindled. For the first time in a long time, I am worried about money. I hate worrying about money.

On the plus side, The Husband is behaving very, very nicely. I like my second husband quite a bit. The first one, not so much.

Oh, and I was recently in a minor car accident. Minor in that I wasn't hurt and no other cars were involved, but the passenger side of my car is not a happy site right now. I fell asleep at the wheel.

That's mostly it, in a nutshell, I think. I think we're caught up. I'm trying to walk the fine line between continuing to write this blog and trying to keep it interesting, and respecting the privacy of my marriage and husband, and it's not easy. Let me know when I'm really boring you.

4 comments:

SuperRaizy said...

I've been wondering how you were doing.
I'm so glad that things are going well with your husband. That's the most important thing. The money worries, while very stressful, will eventually pass as you get back on your feet.
Lots of luck in your new, overly furnished home!

MK said...

Thanks very much for the update, I'm really glad you and H2 are getting along.
Wishing you lots of mazel in your new home, and please continue to keep us updated as much as you feel comfortable sharing.

AJ said...

Yay! Webgirl's back! It's so great to read a new post from you.

Vancouver Jay said...

Oh, I totally know what you mean by trouble with moving. You are right, it is so expensive. Not just the new house and all the new stuff, but also the hidden costs of the act itself. It's just terrible. Anyway, good luck in your new home with your new man.

Best regards, Jay.