Monday, February 9, 2009

Reverse-shopping

Wikipedia, take note. I've invented a new term: reverse-shopping. Reverse-shopping is when unemployed people go out to stores and come back with more than they've spent (legally).

Last week, I went to the mall with a similarly unemployed girlfriend and we hit Sephora like a gaggle of teenagers. They were (and still are) giving out free 10-day supplies of Bare Minerals makeup, no purchase required. We both walked out with our little kits. Then we hit Baskin Robbins with my buy-one-get-one-free coupon and got half-priced ice sundaes which we couldn't finish. Then we went to CVS armed with an assortment of free ExtraCare coupons and picked up about $50 worth of toiletries for about $20 as well as a pair of free diet cokes, courtesy of our Cokerewards coupons. We stopped by Pet Supplies Plus so I could pick up a free bag of dog food for little Bonnie.

It was a fun, cheap afternoon. I spent about $25 total and came home with about $150 worth of stuff. I took out a dvd from the library (more free) and we spent the rest of the afternoon watching a mindless chickflick. Ah, the pleasures of the unemployed freebie freak.

No comments: