Sunday, October 26, 2008

Junkie of the Supernatural


Tonight I watched a goofy 1963 horror flick called The Terror with Boris Karloff and a very young and handsome(!!!!) Jack Nicholson. Yes, that picture is actually of Jack Nicholson, 45 years ago. Hottie, yes? Can you see the grizzled man he would become a few decades later?

I do love old horror movies. Not sure why. I've always been drawn to horror genres in literature and film. I did a unit in college on Stoker, Shelley, Poe and other classic horror novelists, and some of my best papers were on vampire literature. Weird, huh? There used to be a show on in the wee hours called Forever Knight about a vampire named Nicholas Knight. I was a junkie.

Not surprisingly, I also like science fiction. Star Whatever, anything with aliens or hobbits, I'm hooked.

I love stuff that has nothing to do with reality. No need for a psychologist to figure that one out.

No comments: