Friday, October 17, 2008

Hooked On a Feeling

At this stage of the game, I think this election is all about feeling. If you haven't developed some sort of emotional reaction to either Obama or McCain, come out from under that rock. And may I say, there is no stupider way to vote for the President of the United States than to base it on feelings. But okay.

I am out of town right now, but will return shortly and post about the holiday. Lots to tell you. Ooo baby....I've got a bombshell. Stay tuned.

So far, I've had a wonderful Yom Tov, really outstanding. But one of the things that put a huge damper on some of my Yom Tov meals was this election. I have heard some of the most idiotic comments ever expressed about this election. Seriously. What are these people using for brains?

"McCain is terminally ill. I had a cousin who had what he has and he died."

"Obama cares much more about the poor than McCain does."

"I love Sarah Palin. If Hillary couldn't get in, at least we'll get a woman in the White House."

"The minute Obama takes office, a skinhead is going to kill him."

"Most pro-lifers are crazy. They don't believe in aborting rape victims' babies."

"I can't vote for either candidate. I'm writing in Hillary Clinton."

"Obama is going to give money to 95% of taxpayers. He's only going to tax millionaires like Warren Buffet."

"If Obama gets in, health insurance will be free!"

Etc. I just keep my mouth shut most of the time. I'm tired of this election. It's probably the most important one of my life so far, but it exhausts me. I've ordered an absentee ballot so I can vote for McCain and get it over with. I'm just so sick of it. I don't even like arguing anymore.

2 comments:

Dan Rust said...

See the YouTube video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpsdKUQ1nKA

for one person’s perspective on how you can make a decision to support Obama AND vote for John McCain. Feel free to forward this to any “undecided” voters you know of. This will be a VERY close election and we need every single vote we can get.

Demonizing Obama will get us a few votes (and also lose us at least a few votes) but I hope that a rational, positive thought process will persuade a few people who are still on the fence.

Regards,

Dan

frum single female said...

i cant wait until thanksgiving when we hopefully get to know who won the election.