Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Dog and My Dinner

So tonight, I'm sitting in front of the computer, in the middle of my gourmet dinner, Honey Nut Cheerios and milk. I paused mid spoonful to read something on my screen with the bowl in one hand and the spoon in another. Bonnie, my sweet little well-behaved dog, in one fluid movement, hauled herself up on my lap and proceeded to bury her head in my cereal bowl. She just started slorping the stuff down.

I started shouting "Bonnie, no, bad girl, off, Bonnie no, no, no!" Bonnie stopped, looked up at me, and then continued slorping. She almost finished the whole thing. In about fifteen seconds flat.

I threw her off my lap and she turned her little head sideways, looked up at me and gave me the stinkeye. "What did I do? Why did you take away my cereal? Why are you so mean?"

I just poured the rest in her bowl. Damn dog.

No comments: