Monday, August 25, 2008

The Big Party

I do love politics. Always have. Maybe because I love arguing and debating so much. Maybe because it teaches me so much about the value of being a skilled communicator. Maybe because it's good to be passionate about the right thing.

I also love pageantry. I actually know the city of Denver pretty well, as I used to have a big client out there, so I've flown out there several times, and also vacationed out in the National Parks near there. It's a cowtown of the West, really, though they like to think they are very metropolitan and would probably be insulted to hear themselves described that way. It doesn't mean that I don't like it out there. I still have some friends and associates out there, and those that are Dems are freaking out from the excitement of it all. Some have taken off from work to attend the DNC, and others are just excited and proud by the messianic descent of The Obama on their town. I'm sure it won't be matched by next week's party. McCain is a lot more boring than The Obama. That's okay. "Exciting" isn't really a presidential job requirement.

I'm glued to the tv this week. There is no doubt in my mind that Obama is absolutely the wrong man for the job, but this week, who cares? I just want to watch the party, hear the speeches, comb through the rhetoric, feel the fight. I do love this kinda stuff.

No comments: