Sunday, June 22, 2008

Life Marching On

Lot's been happening around my life.

1) A friend of mine, someone I used to work with, died today. It was expected. She was on a respirator. But nevertheless, I am devastated. She was such a fiery, whirlwind of a person, generous, thoughtful and creative. I am just heartbroken. The funeral will be in the city in which I lived when I was married, so I won't be able to be melave mais.

2) A close male friend of mine is getting engaged. This is marriage #3. When I met him (we dated) ten years or so ago, he was just getting over marriage #1. Around the time I got married, he met wife #2, whom I thought was an utter witch (I was correct). He's a cancer survivor, an amazingly talented, warm, funny, bright-as-a-light person. I love him like a brother. I'm so happy that he has gotten to this place. Wife #3 seems like a keeper. She seems to be one of these people who is beautiful on the inside and out.

3) I got a dog.

4) I will be working at my current job until the end of the year. In January, I will be unemployed. At that point, I will be taking The Vacation That Will Blow Away All Other Vacations, b'ezrat Hashem. I really, really need it. I really, really hate my boss, but it's good money, and so I will swallow it until December. And then I will burn my bridge to her like nobody's business, tell her what an awful experience working for her has been. She has it coming. I have enough sterling recommendations from previous managers and other team members there that I can do this. With pleasure.

Some other stuff's been flying around, nothing earth-shattering, but I'm not sure how much to divulge and still protect my anonymity. I guess I can let it out slowly in some upcoming blogposts. Watch this channel.

3 comments:

SuperRaizy said...

I'm so sorry about the death of your friend.

A said...

Tell us about the dog. I'm so jealous! I'd love to have one but my co-op doesn't allow them.

WebGirl said...

a, I'll post about the dog a little later on. The dog is quite something.

and thank you, SuperRaizy.

-WG