Thursday, May 22, 2008

Time

More and more lately, I have been thinking about change. Shaking things up. Getting the hell out of Dodge. Just not continuing to do the mindless things that I've been doing and doing and doing.

I have been working like a machine for the last few months and thankfully, I've been able to put aside some money. I was supposed to find out this week from Evil Boss on whether or not I am going to have a job through the summer, but of course, she has decided to keep me on the grill a few days longer. If my job ends, I am going on a little vacation. I have not had a real vacation since before my divorce. I hate traveling alone, but I think it's time. Not sure where I'm going to go, but I know that continuing to do nothing but obsess over my loneliness and the time passing by is getting me nowhere but deeper and deeper in the rut. I gotta shake things up. I need to move. I am going to be forsaking about a million responsibilities, but I need go. It's time.

2 comments:

The Chief said...

Being alone is difficult, but at the same time opens doors to discoveing potentials and stenghths hidden deep inside yourself. Good luck on your trip.

abandoning eden said...

Right on! One of the best moves I made after breaking up with my ex fiance was moving about 200 miles away...not a huge move, but enough to have a complete change of every day context , and to start over in making new friends and such. I love it here :)

Here's to new beginnings!

"the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" ~unknown