Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wright, so Wrong

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the theology of the possible next leader of The Free World (hat tip to Dean's World):

http://www.deanesmay.com/2008/03/13/reverend-wright.

As I post this, I feel the devil's advocate in me rearing its ugly (but politically correct) head. Maybe Obama belongs to this church and has this man as his spiritual leader, but doesn't really believe this crap.

No. Sorry.

Let's say I ran for office. Yup, WebGirl for Prez, running under the platform of "Free Ipods for Everyone!" Now let's say they lined up every Rabbi of every shul I've ever belonged to since I entered adulthood and posted YouTube videos of their Shabbat Shuva drashas. Would they pass the scrutiny of the American public? Would I be proud to say that these men were my spiritual leaders?

You know what, I have to say, I would. YouTube, bring it on. My theology is actually consistent with my character.

Obama, you still have a nice smile, and if this election were about charisma, I would vote for you twice, but this kinda stuff scares the hell outta me.

No comments: