Friday, March 28, 2008

Awake

I'm getting a little concerned about my insomnia. It's been going on for two weeks now. Earlier this week, I took an Ambien (the Divorce Multi-Vitamin) at 11pm, and slept through until 7am. It was wonderful; I woke up feeling great and rested. I keep forgetting to take one at 11, and I can't really be groggy past 7, so I've been going on very, very little sleep these last few days. I'm not even able to sleep on Shabbos. I don't feel tired during the day, but I am definitely feeling the effects of only getting two or three hours a night...jittery, snappy, high-strung. I do have some things on my mind (Pesach, taxes, car inspection, work, upcoming conference) but nothing worse than usual. I've never been a great sleeper, but this is ridiculous. I'm on edge all the time now. It's really not good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried melatonin? That stuff works wonders for me.

frum single female said...

i know that this is going to sound hokey, but did you ever try listening to guided imagery or relaxation tapes to help you sleep? andrew weil has one specifically for sleep and this woman belleruth naperstak has one that's really good. i bought the cds , but im sure they have them at the library so you could just try them first. i have found them to be quite helpful .