Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Taxes and Toiletries


Two money tips:

  1. If your adjusted gross income is $30K or less, you can file your taxes online with a free version of Turbo Tax. Click here.

  2. If you live in NY/NJ/CT and spend a lot of money on drug store stuff (shampoo, panithose, makeup, diapers, nutrition bars, tissues, tp, etc.), I found out something interesting yesterday. Harmon's Discount is a full service discount drug store that actually accepts Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons, as long as they are unexpired. (As you probably know, Bed, Bath and Beyond will accept their own in-store expired coupons.) This means that if you need to buy that expensive European conditioner or get your Aunt Rochel that diabetes monitor, you can now get 20% off your purchase. The only drawback is that BB&B coupons are per item, instead of for a total purchase. It is still very worthwhile if you have a large toiletries expenditure coming up. I just did my semi-annual run and bought $200 worth of stuff for $160. Harmon's selection is even better than Walgreen's or CVS and their prices are excellent to start with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tidbit to know, and it also makes sense, as some BB&B's have a mini Harmon's inside.

Next time I'm out east, I'll have to keep this in mind.

come running said...

I didn't know this about Harmon's even though I've shopped at some of them that are connected to BB&B's.

Thanks for the tip. I've got lots of coupons saved up.