Thursday, January 31, 2008

Music is Better Than Chocolate (sometimes)


I love chocolate. Too much. But there are times when hearing an old song that I used to love is even better than eating chocolate. Yes. I know it sounds crazy, but the wave of recognition and pleasure that washes over me when I hear that song for the first time in a long time is great. It bring back memories of much happier times, a much sweeter part of my life, and it reminds me that it's possible to have little pockets of perfection in your life. There are songs that are truly perfect.

I don't know why, but I recently downloaded George Harrison's "Cloud Nine." I hadn't heard it in (literally) years, and it just made me feel so much better. It was like running into an old friend.

Like Stevie says, "Music is a world within itself with a language we all understand."

No comments: