Sunday, January 27, 2008

Finishing Things

I'm making curtains for my home-office.

Ok, now the truthful version.

I'm thinking about sewing some curtains for my home office, in an ideal world, where I have endless amounts of free time to go out and buy some fabulous, color-soaked fabric (on sale, of course) and sew up some beautifully stitched and trimmed panels. The chances of this actually happening? I dunno. Maybe.

But I'm thinking about it. And I found this great online yardage calculator. I made curtains for my former, married, home (and left them there) and overbought fabric, trim and tieback cord. I made two throw pillows from the overflow, but I started getting nauseous from having everything in the room match. This time around I want to buy just enough.

Is it just me? Does anyone else have boxes of needlework and other half-done craft projects that were eagerly started and then just as quickly abandoned? I wonder what this says about my life.

No comments: