Thursday, November 1, 2007

Yet another gripe (I wish I would just shut up)

Why do so many guys from the Midwest sound effeminate on the phone? SYAS guy called. Yuk. I need a guy to sound like a guy.

You're going to hate me for saying this, but this just fuels my sneaking suspicion that any guy over 40 who has never been married might be.... well, you know. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Then again, I am the queen of bad judgments. For example, in my pre-marital single days, I thought that it wasn't normal for guys to not be interested in spectator sports, and that was surely a sign of, ahem, non-masculinity. I suspect this came from my idealized vision of my father, who was very masculine and paternal, and loved watching football, basketball, baseball, soccer, you name it. God played a cosmic joke on me. I was married to a pretty masculine guy...one who was constantly glued to the tube and preferred watching sports to spending any time with me. So much for that brilliant theory.

I'm in a bad mood. Maybe today was just a bad day to call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting.... i love midwest accents ...and i always find men with thick new york accents to sound as if they have no brains in their heads.