Monday, November 19, 2007

The Other Side

Went out with a very, very sweet guy last night, Ben. He reminded me of that Rashi on the description of Yaakov as an "ish tam," someone who is just completely without guile, and doesn't know how to be sneaky. Ben wasn't for me....I need someone who is just a little bit more evil. Anyway, he said something to me that was so sad. He said he found it embarrassing to daven without a talis at his age (he's 37). He really hates it...feels like it singles him out as a freak.

Whenever I go on one of my self-pity binges, I usually wallow in my own stuff...my own shame and sense of failure. I never really consider aloneness from a guy's point of view, and what they have to go through. It was really the first time in a while that I thought about someone else's thorns.

No comments: