Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Two things I have to get off my chest

1. My roommate, who is also recently divorced, seems to think I am her husband. No, not in that way, thank you very much. She'll come into my room and pointedly say stuff like "we need to buy ant traps at Home Depot" or "we need to drag the trash to the curb on time." I'll think to myself "thanks for sharing, but why are you telling me?" I feel like when something around the house needs to get done, just do it. I do. We are both adults. Why am I suddenly the one who needs to buy ant traps or drag the trashcans? I would also like someone to "be my husband" and change my damn lightbulbs, stomp on bugs, etc. but I suck it up and do it myself.

2. My personal trainer has horrible, horrible taste in music. She plays horrific stuff while we are working out, stuff with no melody, nauseating lyrics, bangy percussion, electro-Euro-dreck, just ichy, miserable rhythmic crap. As godawful as the workout music is, the warm-down music is even worse. Mariah Carey, Celine Dion....I would rather warm-down to nails scratching on a blackboard. And my trainer is so relentlessly bubbly and perky, I just want to slap her silly. For the most part, I hate working out. I hate lifting weights and I hate doing bicycle crunches. I am doing this because I hate being fat more and I am terrified of being old and flabby and unhealthy. I have made it clear to her that though I value her services, I wish she weren't constantly trying to cheer me up. The only way I will like working out is if she serves me french fries while we do it.

Okay, I feel a little better now. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Jacob Da Jew said...

"Thanks for listening."

No problem :)