Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Senior Dating

I knew dating would be ahem, challenging, when I got divorced. Heck, it was a challenge even before I got married. For some reason, I remember enjoying it more back then. I'm probably eulogizing.

The guys I've dated recently mostly seem to be
old. What do I mean by this? They dress older, they talk older (medical conditions anyone?), they act older. Dates are all dinner and coffee...no more shooting pool or riding bikes. What happened to the fun first dates of my twenties? My dating pool seems to have crossed into a different zone, and I am not ready to be there yet. Maybe it's a sign of immaturity that I need to be dragged kicking and screaming into my forties, but I don't wanna go. Please don't make me go. I want the next Mr. WebGirl to make me feel deceptively younger, not older.

1 comment:

Avi said...

I can't wait to read about your date to Bingo Night at the senior center. that would be so hot!